California League Careers
Director of Tickets - Stockton Ports - Stockton Ports Baseball Team (Stockton · CA)
Stockton Ports Baseball Team jobs
Sports Jobs in Stockton · CA
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Start Date: TBD
Start Date: TBD
Director of Tickets
7th Inning Stretch, headed by C.E.O. Tom Volpe and President Pat Filippone, is recognized as one of the leading sports ownership firms in the country. Currently, 7th Inning Stretch owns and operates the Stockton Ports, Single-A Affiliate of the Oakland A’s, in the California League, the Delmarva Shorebirds, Single-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles in the South Atlantic League and the Everett AquaSox, Single-A Short Season Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners in the Northwest League. The Stockton Ports play at Banner Island Ballpark, a recently constructed downtown venue that has been praised for being one of the most cutting-edge ballparks in the country. 7th Inning stretch prides itself on building a stronger community, furthering the careers of its employees and creating a superior product both on and off the field.
The position of Director of Tickets requires an individual who is a leader, self-starter and can work under pressure. This individual is responsible for leading and managing all ticket related areas for the Stockton Ports, including Season Tickets, Groups, Inside Sales, and Box Office Operations. This position develops relationships over the phone, on meetings and during outside networking events in the community. Primary focus is on building a sales culture conductive to hitting the company’s overall sales goals.
- Responsible for achieving a personal sales goal primarily generated through new sales, while managing additional sales staff
- Oversee all aspects of ticketing system, including seating assignments, and processing payments.
- Serve as the leader amongst the sales team providing training, sales motivation and developing creative ideas to increase sales
- Manage the overall team ticket sales effort including new and renewal sales
- Initiate outside sales opportunities, and will be expected to take a leadership role within these and other events
- Staff ticket sales tables at outside events when needed.
- Fulfill personal sales efforts gauged on weekly, monthly, and yearly terms
- Direct the work of the FSE and Group Ticket sales team and all hourly box office employees, holding them accountable for sales performance and customer service standards.
- Assist the General Manager in leading daily and weekly sales meetings.
- Provide accurate and timely reports regarding daily and weekly ticket sales, process daily deposits; Weekly FSE & Group Flash Reports and the Commission reports each pay period.
- Creatively developing new ways to boost attendance of the team
- Other duties as necessary
- Bachelor Degree is required
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to take initiative
- Three plus years of sales experience, along with significant experience directly selling season tickets
- Experience leading and managing a sales staff
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule (evenings and weekends)
- Salary based on experience
- Commissions based on results of direct sales efforts
- Team performance bonuses
- Health care and dental coverage
- 401k with employer match
- Auto allowance
Reports To: General Manager
How many years of experience do you have in sales management?
What is your desired salary?