California League Careers
Office/HR/Merchandise Manager with Modesto Nuts Professional Baseball Club in Modesto · CA
Modesto Nuts Professional Baseball Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Modesto · CA
Accounting and Finance: Payroll
The Modesto Nuts are seeking an Office Manager to coordinate and oversee the administrative & HR duties within the office front office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 years’ administrative experience.
Modesto California has harbored affiliated baseball since 1946, partnering with 11 different organizations including the New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, Oakland Athletics & Colorado Rockies. In 2016, the Nuts signed a new partnership with the Seattle Mariners. They are now their High-A Affiliate in the Low-A West League. The Modesto franchise has played in the historic John Thurman Field since 1955 updating the stadium in 1997 & 2008. Additional accolades include winning California League Organization of the year in back-to-back seasons in 2010 & 2011 as well as 5 consecutive attendance records from 2007-2011.
The Modesto Nuts are looking to add motivated individuals to their team that possesses grit. Individuals that understand the value of hard work and possess a selfless attitude, set goals for themselves and enjoy being challenged, hustle even when they aren’t asked to, seek out self-improvement, and always keep an open mind. These are the types of individuals that succeed in our industry, if you see yourself as this type of person we look forward to meeting you. In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will meet & exceed the following responsibilities & qualifications;
- Answer/Forward calls from mainline
- Greet incoming visitors
- Keep lobby area and conference room clean and tidy
- Daily bank and PO Box runs; distribute mail
- Head liaison on all human resource needs of the front office and directly communicate staff policies to the Seattle Mariners HR Team.
- Work directly with all insurance policy providers to quote front office needs annually.
- Input all sales contracts into accounting software
- Input all approved budgets into budgeting software
- Verify, then process payroll bi-monthly using Paychex software
- Filing of payables, receivables, receipts, and season contracts into appropriate filing systems
- Oversee merchandise operation. Includes but is not limited to; employee scheduling, order preparation, inventory & presentation.
- Order and keep track of shipping and office supplies
- Coordinate hiring of gameday staff including job postings, application submission, interview days, and hiring procedures
- Assemble hiring packets and welcome binders
- Represent the organization at business, community and networking functions
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
- Other various tasks as needed
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
- 1-3 years administrative experience
- BA or BS college degree preferred
- Must learn and abide by all California State Labor Laws
Knowledge and Skills
- Organized and able to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Goal oriented
- Proficient in MS Office programs, Internet research and ticketing programs (ticket system can be learned during training)
How did you hear about this job?