California League Careers
Account Executive - Modesto Nuts (Modesto · CA)
Modesto Nuts jobs
Sports Jobs in Modesto · CA
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Modesto Nuts are seeking an Account Executive to sell ticket packages and a main focus on Group Ticket Sales. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 years’ sales experience selling individual, group & corporate accounts. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
Modesto California has harbored affiliated baseball since 1946, partnering with 11 different organizations including the New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, Oakland Athletics & Colorado Rockies. In 2016, the Nuts signed a new partnership with the Seattle Mariners. They are now their High-A Affiliate in the California League. The Modesto franchise has played in the historic John Thurman Field since 1955 updating the stadium in 1997 & 2008. Additional accolades include winning California League Organization of the year in back to back seasons in 2010 & 2011 as well as 5 consecutive attendance records from 2007-2011.
The Modesto Nuts are looking to add motivated individuals to their team that possess grit. Individuals that understand the value of hard work and possess a selfless attitude, set goals for themselves and enjoy being challenged, hustle even when they aren’t asked to, seek out self-improvement and always keep an open mind. These are the types of individuals that succeed in our industry, if you see yourself as this type of person we look forward to meeting you. In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will meet & exceed the following responsibilities & qualifications;
- Developing new business via phone and in-person appointments
- Conduct client needs assessment
- Customer sales presentations and proposals
- Sales and fulfillment of Nightly Luxury Suites, Group Hospitality Areas, Season Ticket and Mini-Plan Packages
- Sales and fulfillment of Group Sales, Corporate Ticket Sales, Youth Sports / Team Sales, Non-Profit Group Sales, Fundraising, events, and programs
- Sales and fulfillment of Corporate Sponsorships with both National & Local accounts
- Represent the organization at business, community and networking functions
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation for appointments and ticket delivery
- Other various tasks as needed
- Directly oversee the group sales efforts for all Modesto Nuts Copa De La Diversion games.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
- 1-3 years sales experience in sports and entertainment preferred
- BA or BS college degree preferred
- Must learn and abide by all California State Labor Laws
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Aggressive and motivated individual with a passion for sales
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Goal oriented
- Proficient in MS Office programs, Internet research and ticketing programs (ticket system can be learned during training)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.