California League Careers
Graphic Designer - Lake Elsinore Storm (Lake Elsinore · CA)
Lake Elsinore Storm jobs
Sports Jobs in Lake Elsinore · CA
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
The Lake Elsinore Storm Graphic Designer is required to work in a team approach with other members of the creative staff. Assignments primarily come from the General Manger(s). The ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed critical thinking skills who can process, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner. As the Graphics Designer you are required to tell the story and narrative of our brand via beautiful, well thought out and strategized design. You must gain satisfaction in finding the perfect solution for various projects. You will take pride in communicating your vision cross-departmentally while still being an integral leader of our brand. When not creating a beautiful design, you are excited to actively work with the team to help with branding and conceptual thinking for other platforms and mediums.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understand our brand, voice, and audience to produce visuals that inspire our brand story while also building authentic relationships
- Design print, outdoor and web ads for various marketing initiatives; also participate in integration of concepts into television and web commercials.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute designs for logos, tickets, brochures, direct mail, invitations, signage, and other collateral pieces for sales departments, while meeting deadlines.
- In coordination with others, design, and layout pages of publications.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with creative team in order to establish a cohesive advertising campaign each season.
- Keeping in mind the priorities of individual departments, establish and adhere to a defined and realistic delivery schedule related to the department's goals and the goals of the organization as a whole.
- Assist in the creation of a brand style guide.
- Effectively communicate design rationale and concepts to department leadership.
- Work closely with outside agencies, contractors, printers, and other vendors as required, advising and policing our branding & logo usage.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of all art elements, including team marks/logos, and photos.
- Stay informed on developments and trends in visual arts, graphic design, and software.
- Other duties as assigned by Leadership.
- Suggest and implement direct marketing methods
- Suggest strategies and methods for improvement
- Regularly track and get insights into competitors' strategies
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Corporate/Group Sales collateral
- Corporate Partnerships collateral
- Ticketing collateral
- Social Media graphics
- In-stadium digital signage
- Marketing Campaign Graphics
- Player headshots
- Brand identity
- Website design
- Package design
- Apparel design
- Email campaigns
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- A minimum education level of BA/BS Degree (4-year) or work equivalent
- A minimum of two years of related experience
- Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Must have the ability to effectively adapt to work environment.
- Candidate must be able to perform physical tasks, with or without accommodation such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Strong supervisory skills, coupled with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability and desire to be hands-on in situations that are deemed appropriate
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations
- 4+ years Graphics Design
- Excellent writing skills with an eye for grammar, spelling, and thoughtful story creation
- Exceptional project management skills are essential, along with attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in multimedia-driven creative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Highly creative, imaginative, motivated self-starter and successful at working with tight deadlines
- Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Marketing Experience is a plus
- Motion Graphics/Video Editing is a plus
- Social Media Experience is a plus
- Baseball Knowledge is a plus
- PORTFOLIO REQUIRED
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have the experience as outlined in the posting?
What do you consider the most important element to growing business? Why?