The Inland Empire 66ers are a premier team in the California League, owned and operated by the highly regarded and extremely successful Elmore Sports Group. An amazing ballpark that boasts beautiful mountain views; annual attendance consistently ranking near the top of the league; innovative marketing and creative promotional calendars; and a solid commitment to community involvement are just some of the staples of the organization. The front office is now looking to expand and is seeking a high-performing, enthusiastic, creative, positive and dynamic professional to assist in building, developing and leading our team in 2018.
Food & Beverage Coordinator
The ballclub is currently seeking an intern to assist Diamond Concession’s Food & Beverage Management Team while gaining the experience of learning the business of baseball, sports marketing, food & beverage operations and event planning and management.
Director of Food & Beverage Operations
Manager of Food & Beverage Operations
In this role, one will learn how to plan for and operate food & beverage service in a multi-location facility and will develop skills involving: cost analysis, operations, special event coordination and planning; scheduling; training and developing team members; menu development, cost controls and design; cash handling; culinary skill development for large scale execution; and various administrative duties with the Human Resources and Finance departments.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
This is a 40-hour a week, seasonal position, with compensation in accordance with the State of California minimum wage labor laws. Housing will not be provided.
• Reporting directly with the Director and Manager of Food & Beverage Operations for the 2018 baseball season, the (non-game openings) outside event schedule at San Manuel Stadium and the tournaments played at the nearby San Bernardino Soccer Complex.
• Assisting with game-day staff management, scheduling, inventory maintenance, food preparation, employee training, task delegation, ordering and receiving and other various responsibilities delineated by area.
• Responsibility for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in onsite catering events. Onsite catering events include managing part time staff, the set up and tear down and fulfilling any special requests made by the client.
• Working in concert with the front office staff and grounds crew to ensure our customers enjoy a great fan experience.
JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Helping assess and develop game day staff throughout the season
• Assisting with scheduling game day staff
• Analyzing food & labor costs (average math skills and experience with Excel spreadsheets
and various Microsoft Office computer programs is essential)
• Planning for and prepare Outside Special Events
• Managing employee and guest relationships
• Troubleshooting and recommending ways for the operation to improve
• Maintaining clean and sanitary concessions spaces
• Assisting with food and beverage orders and product receiving
• Conducting per event inventory
• Aiding in food production, when applicable
• Available to work long hours, weekends and holidays during the 2018 season, which typically
stretches from early February thru mid-September.
• Be self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, think on one’s feet and take initiative to problem
solve in fast-paced environment
• Possess a strong sense of leadership and a positive "can-do" attitude
• Willingness to work outdoors rain or shine as well as in a kitchen environment
• Ability to unload and load product deliveries
• Knowledge of food safety a plus – candidate will be expected to secure proper credentials
as outlined by San Bernardino County