PBRT KC - Marketing and Advertising/Sales Executive
The Director of Marketing will oversee and manage all marketing and brand campaigns for PBR Tournaments Kansas City. They will guide our approach towards engagement with teams as we continue to shift their media and brand consumption behaviors. Strong experience in personalizing marketing and messaging strategies to different baseball and softball segments and platforms will be critical for the success of this role. The Director of Marketing will also manage the marketing needs of all of our internal clients and business partners, including our community programs, Sponsorship, Customer Service, and Retail. The right leader for this role will be someone who embodies a “servant leadership” mentality, and a humble approach to understanding that collaboration across the business is the key to the success of any marketing campaign or project. This person must excel at building relationships and gaining consensus from various stakeholders while still guiding marketing strategies every step of the way. This individual will manage three key areas: digital and social marketing, traditional and grassroots marketing, and creative services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a marketing and brand strategy that supports the needs for PBR Tournaments KC throughout the year (including the off-season). Strategies must support both revenue growth and team/fan engagement goals while also meeting the needs of our sponsors and partners.
- Oversee the organization’s digital and social media presence and ensure that our brand is executed in a manner consistent with our brand standards, goals and objectives.
- Build relationships and collaborate with internal and external leaders to plan and execute key marketing programs
- Manage our Marketing budget to continue to find ways to optimize our spending based on current trends and media consumption habits of our fans
- Identify trends in team engagement and drive strategic recommendations to stay ahead of those trends to ensure we have a presence/voice wherever our fans want to engage with us
- Develop a marketing calendar for each part of our business
- Work directly with the local, state, and national PRBT communities to find ways to be included in league-wide programs and campaigns both from a marketing and content perspective
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Evening and weekend event coverage as necessary
- Showcase our facilities to potential clients during events/high traffic time
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or equivalent degree
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a team, facility, or university
- Demonstrated experience in managing marketing strategies for brands and/or sports organizations
- Proven strategic leadership ability, including the ability to plan, organize, coordinate and influence
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with all levels within the organization, leadership team and ownership
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively build a network of contacts at all levels within the industry and community, both internally and externally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience managing departmental and organizational budgets, including the creation of strategic business plans
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, with ability to work under little supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Availability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.