Title: Grounds Superintendent of Creekside Baseball Park
Location: Creekside Baseball Park, 15900 Long Ball Street Parkville, MO 64152 (Kansas City)
Start: Spring of 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Creekside Baseball Park is a new 23 acre baseball complex in Kansas City that opened in the spring of 2020. There are: 6 high school size baseball fields with artificial turf infields, natural grass outfields, and roughly 10 acres of common areas. We are looking for a self starting individual who can work with others to achieve a common goal. We are an established and growing tournament/maintenance company with a commitment to excellence and a desire to improve all aspects of our operations. Candidates must have a working knowledge of artificial turf and natural turf maintenance as well as a critical eye for detail.
- Day to day and tournament maintenance of a new 23 acre 6 field baseball complex.
- Collaborate with tournament directors for tournament preparedness and park improvements.
- Budgeting, ordering supplies, submitting payroll, and miscellaneous clerical duties.
- Hiring and management of staff for daily maintenance as well as tournament operations.
- Execution of agronomic practices such as: Mowing, fertilizing, pesticide applications, laying of sod, over-seeding, aeration of fields and common area maintenance.
- Scheduling of irrigation system.
- Maintenance and repairs of irrigation system.
- Oversee small crew of maintenance as well as weekend tournament operations crew.
- Maintenance and repairs of artificial turf infields and portable pitching mounds.
- Management and revisions of structural repairs and improvements as necessary.
- Preparation of fields for tournament play.
- Self Starting individual who can work with others to achieve common goal.
- Degree in Turfgrass Management or 5+ years of Turfgrass Management experience.
- Working knowledge of baseball field set up helpful but not necessary.
- Current pesticide license or ability to obtain license.
- Working knowledge of residential/commercial or golf course irrigation systems.
- Mechanical knowledge sufficient to elicit preventive maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Kansas City, MO 64152 (Preferred)
- Grounds Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Pesticide Applicator’s License (Preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.