A concession stand worker is responsible for operating and handling the activities at a designated concession stand. His or her work responsibilities may differ slightly depending on the place of commission but mostly, concession stand workers’ duties include food preparation, selling food and drinks, collecting money and tendering change, and maintaining facility and all equipment to sanitation requirements.
Eligibility to work as a concession stand worker includes being at least 15 years of age, and the ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings. Must be able to effectively communicate availability and schedule.
The ability to handle physical activities, stand and walk for long periods of time and lift weight in excess of 50 pounds is essential if you want to work in this role. Below are a list of responsibilities common for this role:
• Welcome guests who approach the concession stand
• Take orders for food and beverages and prepare food items such as hotdogs and popcorn using appropriate quantities of ingredients
• Follow proper sanitation guidelines during food preparation and packing activities
• Follow instructions regarding portions and packing
• Restock displays of products
• Process cash and credit card payments and tender change, along with ensuring that all received cash is well-accounted for and stored in a safe area
• Participate in the set-up of concession stands, arrange inventory of supplies and communicate shortages of deficiencies to the supervisor on duty.
• Perform clean-up duties after each shift and ensure that concession stand is sanitized and tidied up for the next attendant/s
• Clean and maintain food preparation equipment such as grills and ovens on a regular basis
Starting pay will be $11/hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.