MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Senior Director, Strategic Marketing, Dream Foundation with Washington Nationals in Washington, DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington, DC
The Washington Nationals organization considers it our civic duty to maximize the public platform of our brand as a vehicle for positive and lasting impact on the Washington Area. Through a merger between its two non-profit entities, the Dream Foundation (Foundation) and Youth Baseball Academy (Academy), an exciting strategic vision is forming with one central goal: to become the most impactful philanthropic organization in professional sports. In the spirit of 'One Pursuit', we will collaborate with and convene Nationals fans, civic leaders, corporations, and foundations to catalyze collective action that generates impact greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our activities will include the growth of innovative youth and community development programming at the Academy and support for outstanding local organizations through grant-making, as well as a new focus on activating fans, DMV residents, and Nationals players to envision, stimulate, coordinate, and invest in community impact. In the end, our intention is to be the ‘go to’ platform through which every fan and DMV resident can learn about and then engage in social good.
The Washington Nationals seek a creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative Senior Director, Strategic Marketing (Senior Director) to lead the team in developing and executing new strategies that build awareness, compel action, and generate revenue to support the Foundation’s ambitious and aspirational agenda. The Senior Director will lead the building and executing of strategies that deeply engage mass and diverse constituencies in the work of the Foundation, as well as the Foundation’s ability, through force-multiplication, to support other non-profits and impactful causes. To do so, s/he will lead the creation of persuasive and engaging content for a variety of audiences and platforms, including viral campaigns, and the development and cultivation of multiple vehicles for donor and stakeholder engagement.
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the head of the Dream Foundation, the Senior Director is a new role that will be responsible for determining staffing needs, assessing capacity of existing staff, and then the eventual hiring, onboarding, and management of a team of marketing professionals. In addition, the Senior Director will work with the Foundation’s Senior Director, Fundraising to achieve the organization’s revenue, outreach, and donor engagement goals and the Foundation’s COO to ensure proper execution; s/he will also coordinate with the Washington Nationals marketing, communications, and community relations teams to facilitate alignment and consistency of messaging representing the Nationals’ brand.
The top candidate will be a seasoned leader with demonstrated success in marketing to targeted but mass constituencies, strategic planning, vision-creation, and executing on a plan. The top candidate will also exhibit a proven passion for social impact and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
• Marketing Strategy: Design and implement comprehensive multi-year and annual marketing strategies that engage mass constituencies and include clearly defined success metrics in outreach, engagement, and revenue creation;
• Brand Identity: Position the organization’s diverse philanthropic work to internal and external audiences and ensure that key messages are consistent and clearly understood across the organization, the region, and the country;
• Content Creation: Lead the development of diverse, creative, and engaging content across a variety of platforms that inspires existing and new audiences to engage with the organization’s programs and activities;
• Platform building: Curate and cultivate multiple vehicles through which “citizen-fans” can engage as donors and/or volunteers;
• Website, Social Media, and Email Communication: Ensure the organization’s website, social media channels, and email communications provide dynamic, accurate, and relevant content that directly advance marketing specific and broader institutional goals;
• Printed Materials and Promotional Items: Oversee the writing, editing, and production of all printed marketing materials as well as developing, creating, and securing items to promote the Foundation’s brand (eg. Merchandise, Tabling Giveaways, etc) – ensure high standards of excellence, creativity, and consistency;
• Photography and video production: Manage the production and distribution of high-quality photo and video assets for all marketing and communications channels;
• Media Relations: When necessary, serve as a spokesperson for the Foundation, working with the Nationals’ communications team and Foundation CEO to develop and manage relationships with the media and respond to media inquiries;
• Collaboration: Work closely with members of the Foundation and Nationals’ team to determine areas of overlap and opportunities to collaborate (eg. Fundraising Events, Corporate Sponsor Activation, in-park awareness building, etc.);
• Revenue Strategy: Review existing individual giving systems and concepts (eg. Text to Give, 50/50 Raffle and other In-Park Fundraising, Authentics, etc.) and develop comprehensive revenue strategy and set goals for grassroots fundraising efforts;
• Department Budget: Establish and manage the budget related to all expense areas pertaining to marketing to achieve overall efficiencies.
• Passionate commitment to and alignment with the missions of the Nationals Dream Foundation, the Nationals Youth Baseball Academy, and the expanded scope envisioned post-merger;
• Extensive experience developing, managing, and implementing creative and effective marketing strategies that achieve measurable results;
• A team player with excellent management and interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain cooperative, supportive, and friendly relationships at all levels;
• Superior oral and written communications skills;
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively, take initiative, solve problems, and manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects while working under deadlines;
• A self-starter who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment, is disciplined and takes personal responsibility for achieving results, and is prepared to work evening and weekend hours as required;
• Proven ability to navigate and implement within large organizations.
Please upload your resume and cover letter online here.