MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington, DC
The Nationals are looking for a highly creative individual with excellent writing and organizational skills, to manage the Nationals social media accounts. This person should be witty, have a sense of humor, the ability to think strategically about the Washingtonian consumer mindset and an understanding of the intricacies of the game of baseball.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop content for all Washington Nationals social and digital media channels, including—but not limited to—Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, YouTube and Snapchat.
- Contribute to concept, design and execution for visual assets on social media, including graphics, photos, videos and animated GIFs.
- Manage internal and external social requests as assigned, coordinating with Nationals internal departments and various teams at MLB on a daily basis.
- As a member of internal marketing team, work to ensure social media messaging is consistent with the overall Nationals brand.
- Work to maintain social media voice that is widely recognized in the DMV, across the league and nationally, weaving that persona into a two-way dialogue with fans on social channels each day.
- Innovate within brand guidelines and social media voice to create content for all owned digital platforms
- Identify opportunities to generate social content beyond game play including but not limited to fan experience, activations, events, initiatives and campaigns
- Develop & maintain relationships with media influencers, platform partners, key bloggers and counterparts at other local sports franchises, MLB clubs, local universities, etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders to organize and promote events to maintain/enhance relationships with fans, influencers, platform partners, key bloggers and counterparts
- Work closely with Corporate Partnerships department and MLB to ensure that all sponsored social content is developed, edited and published
- Follow the social editorial calendar and partner with team content editor on content creation across all channels
- Conduct daily community management (moderation and engagement), both in-season and out-of-season
- Remain up-to-date on social platform updates and emerging technology, providing strategic guidance on how best to implement for the Washington Nationals brand
- Develop social media campaigns surrounding Opening Day, All-Star Voting, giveaways, theme nights, player achievements, ticket offers and more
- Conduct weekly reporting across all social channels, tracking engagement, click-through, sentiment and conversions.
- As an internal expert on user behavior across web, email and social, participate in larger marketing brainstorms and creative projects to provide input on ideas, executions and experiential marketing activations
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preferably in English, Journalism or Digital Media, or equivalent military experience
- 4 years of hands-on experience managing social communities for a global brand or professional sports team
- 3 years of hands-on copywriting and copyediting experience
- Experience in email marketing and familiarity with webpage development
- Experience working with various social and digital reporting tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess good decision-making skills and solid judgment.
- Maniacal attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to copywriting/editing.
- Ability to work nights and weekends during the season.
- Basic knowledge of scriptwriting and video production/editing preferred.
- Hands-on knowledge of web development and UX/UI design preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs strongly preferred.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require weekend and/or evening work with regularity
- Travel: Occasional travel may be required, including but not limited to some road games, Spring Training and industry conferences
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
How did you hear about this job?