Media Relations Intern with USA Baseball in Cary · NC
*This is a paid position.
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
- Brad Young, Senior Director of Media Relations
- Emily Fedewa, Assistant Director of Media Relations
- Answer daily media inquiries on behalf of the organization and events, including statistical requests and photo/video.
- Monitor media through web research and social media for opportunities to engage with and create content for the organization.
- Maintain the USA Baseball organizational history including results, rosters and statistics, as well as photos and videos.
- Create, proof, and edit content for USA Baseball’s official website, USABaseball.com, including but not limited to game recaps, feature stories, series previews, press releases, etc.
- Serve as a primary media contact at all USA Baseball events assigned, and assist with game day preparations including script writing, social media coverage, program creation, scoring, and content creation.
- Assist or serve as a press officer for a USA Baseball national team or national team development program as assigned.
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok and Twitter
- Experience writing feature stories, game recaps, media advisories and press releases
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours
- Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape
- Ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience with GameChanger and StatCrew (The Automated Scorebook) is preferred
- Ability to serve as an official scorer under National Federation of High School Sports (NFHS) and/or Major League Baseball official rules
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
How did you hear about this job?
Please provide a link to an online portfolio that includes writing samples.
Have you ever scored a baseball game? If so, how did you score the game (i.e., paper score book, StatCrew, GameChanger, etc.)?
Have you ever worked on/updated websites? If so, which content management systems (CMS) have you used (Homebase, Netitor, Joomla, WordPress)? What is your comfort level with basic HTML?
Why do you want to work for USA Baseball?