Intern, Baseball Operations – National Team Championships - USA Baseball (Durham · NC)
*End date can vary depending on intern’s availability and program assignment following the National Team Championships
All USA Baseball employees will "work-from-home" for the 2022 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise directed by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will operate on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2022 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
In addition to working with the National Team Championships, interns will assist with the implementation of the 13U/14U Athlete Development Program, 16U/17U National Team Development Program, 15U National Team, and/or National Team Identification Series.
- Serve as the main point of contact for teams, parents, and players attending the National Team Championships.
- Provide administrative support for National Team Championships including but not limited to gathering rosters, insurance information, communicating with teams via phone and email, and fielding questions about the event from teams, parents, participants, and scouts.
- Supplement in-event communication through various social media outlets. Travel to one of the National Team Championships sites (Phoenix, Ariz.) to execute tournament operations during the months of June and July.
- Conduct on-site registration, oversee tournament operations at an assigned MLB Spring Training complex, and serve as the complex’s main USA Baseball representative – managing all USA Baseball and tournament staff (scouts, scorekeepers, gate staff, etc.).
- Provide administrative and operational assistance for a USA Baseball National Team, National Team Development Program, and/or National Team Identification Series.
- Assist other departments within the organization as necessary, both administratively and operationally.
- Management or leadership experience preferred
- Able to relocate to Raleigh/ Durham, North Carolina by start date
- Available to travel to Arizona during the months of June and July.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software and registration platforms such as League Apps and TeamWorks.
- Able to complete individual tasks in a timely fashion in order to advance the team’s overall progress.
- Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with various staff members, scouts and coaches.
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to problem solve in stressful situations and prioritize necessary tasks
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate information over a broad network with efficiency, clarity and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is beneficial.
- Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
- Have an efficient understanding about the sport of baseball.
- Weekend availability and able to provide personal transportation to and from all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC from March – August.
- Candidates should be in possession of, or working toward, a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- What makes you a good fit at USA Baseball?
- Are you a local candidate or would you be willing to relocate?
- What intrigues you the most about working for USA Baseball?
- Who is your favorite athlete and why?
- If you could be any base on a baseball field, which base would you be and why?
Are you a local candidate or would you be willing to relocate?
If you could be any base on a baseball field, which base would you be and why?
Who is your favorite athlete and why?
Why do you want to work for USA Baseball?