USA Baseball has 4 Intern, Sports Information positions available.
June 5 – July 21, 2023
Position Reports to: Director of Media Relations and the Coordinator of Media Relations
Background: USA Baseball is looking for four (4) sports information interns who will assist with game day coverage of USA Baseball’s events at the National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina. The coverage will primarily include scoring games, updates on social media, and recaps for the website, USABaseball.com.
- Score assigned games through GameChanger and/or StatCrew (The Automated Scorebook).
- Update graphics to support in-game coverage on social media platforms.
- Provide in-game updates on social media platforms using video and photo content.
- Write recaps for assigned games to publish on the organization’s website, USABaseball.com.
- Monitor media through web research and social media for opportunities to engage with and create content for the organization.
- Maintain the USA Baseball organizational history including results, rosters, and statistics, as well as photos and videos.
- Create, proof, and edit content for USA Baseball’s official website, USABaseball.com, including but not limited to game recaps, feature stories, series previews, press releases, etc.
- Serve as a primary media contact at all USA Baseball events assigned, and assist with game day preparations including script writing, social media coverage, program creation, scoring, and content creation.
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
- Potential to assist or serve as a press officer for a USA Baseball national team or national team development program.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.
- Experience writing feature stories, game recaps, media advisories and press releases.
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours.
- Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape.
- Ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Experience with GameChanger and StatCrew (The Automated Scorebook) is preferred.
- Ability to serve as an official scorer under National Federation of High School Sports (NFHS) and/or Major League Baseball official rules.
- All candidates should be in possession of or working toward a degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.