Start Date: May 1, 2022
End Date: December 31, 2022
All USA Baseball employees will "work-from-home" for the 2022 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise directed by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will operate on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2022 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Position Reports To: Director of Media Relations and Coordinator of Social Media
Position Background: USA Baseball is looking for a Social Media intern to help develop and implement USA Baseball’s social media strategy for all of its social media profiles in order to increase brand awareness and online presence, as well as improve marketing efforts for the organization. The intern will report to the Assistant Director of Media Relations.
The Social Media intern will work closely with a multitude of social media accounts across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, including those for USA Baseball national teams, events, partners and programs, and the newly acquired Appalachian League.
- Create and post content to USA Baseball’s official and auxiliary Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts and the official Appalachian League accounts.
- Serve as the on-site social media producer for USA Baseball events at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina, and other domestic locations as assigned.
- Actively monitor and evaluate campaign and content performance on all platforms, leveraging insights and trends, and providing date-backed recommendations to the Media Relations team.
- Review and compile daily clips featuring USA Baseball and other relevant mentions and strategically share across social media channels.
- Develop and pitch creative new ways to cover relevant storylines and build USA Baseball’s brand awareness online.
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong creative and strategic thinking
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
- Strong understanding of baseball, including both the professional and amateur baseball landscapes
- Experience in social media marketing, planning and content creation
- Experience collecting analytics and utilizing insights in content creation and strategy
- Ability to multi-task and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
About USA Baseball
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.