Background: The USA Baseball retail department manages and oversees the brand’s official online shop, www.USABaseballShop.com, the USA Baseball Team Store located at the National Training Complex in Cary, N.C., and satellite stores at various USA Baseball events throughout the year. In August 2012, the retail department brought all of its e-commerce in-house and launched the initial USA Baseball Official Online Store.
Anticipated Start Date: March 13, 2023
USA Baseball has two Intern, Retail & Supply Chain Management positions available.
Anticipated End Date: September 8, 2023
- Oversee inventory, shipping and tracking of officially licensed merchandise for the USA Baseball 14U, 15U, 16U & 17U National Team Championships and other various events.
- Potentially travel to a USA Baseball event in various parts of the country to oversee event
- Manage the processing and fulfillment of e-commerce orders submitted via www.usabaseballshop.com.
- Provide customer service for USA Baseball's ecommerce customers through a variety of communication channels including the telephone, email, text and web-based forms.
- On-going maintenance of www.usabaseballshop.com, including but not limited to updating product descriptions, product photographs and inventory management.
- Assistance in developing the organization's e-commerce calendar of events and creating special events around key dates.
- Manage the USA Baseball Team Store throughout the summer, including monitoring
- Support the Director, Retail Operations, and complete any administrative duties, including social media updates, as necessary.
- Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, operations, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
- Minimum of one year of retail experience.
- Weekend and weekday availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC for the duration of the internship.
- Availability to travel to off-site event locations around the United States as needed.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively for a variety of audiences.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
- Completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment.
- All candidates should be in possession of, or working toward, a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.