USA Baseball has 4 Intern, Broadcasting positions available.
June 5 – August 31, 2023
Position Reports to: Director of Media Relations, Coordinator of Media Relations, as well as a broadcasting coordinator to be announced later.
Background: USA Baseball is looking for four (4) broadcast interns who will assist with game day coverage of USA Baseball’s events at the National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina. The coverage will primarily include broadcasting games held at the National Training Complex as well as facilitation post-game interviews with players and coaches.
- Broadcast games held on all four fields at the USA Baseball National Training Complex as assigned, including youth tournaments, MLB & USA Baseball development events, and national team events.
- Host interviews with players and coaches pre and postgame as needed for social media content.
- Responsible for pre-game assignments including game/player research, statistics, and interviews with assistance of the USA Baseball Communications department.
- Support on-air production of video projects as needed.
- Update graphics to support in-game coverage on social media platforms.
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs, including all events held at the National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina.
- Previous experience in live sports broadcasting preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours.
- Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape.
- Ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment.
- All candidates should be in possession of or working toward a degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.