Intern, Baseball Operations – 18U National Team Program - USA Baseball (Durham · NC)
All USA Baseball employees will "work-from-home" for the 2022 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise directed by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will operate on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2022 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Position Reports to: Director, Baseball Operations (Brett Curll)
The 18U National Team represents the United States in international competitions at the U-18 level. In 2022, the 18U National Team will represent Team USA as the host country in the 2022 WBSC U-18 World Cup in Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida. The 16U/17U National Team Development Program is week-long development opportunity for age appropriate players that prepares them to compete for future 18U National Teams.
- Communicate with National Team Trials and National Team Development Program participants and their families on all aspects of the events including travel, equipment, and participant forms.
- Book, coordinate and communicate travel for the players, coaches and staff.
- Assist in all operational and administrative needs for 18U National Team Trials and Training.
- Assist in all operational and administrative needs for the 16U/17U National Team Development Program.
- Attend the USA Baseball 18U National Team Trials and Training to provide on-site operational and administrative support.
- Attend the USA Baseball 16U/17U National Team Development Program to provide on-site operational support.
- Provide administrative and operational assistance for other USA Baseball events including the Prospect Development Pipeline League (PDPL) and the National Team Identification Series (NTIS).
- Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, merchandising, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
- Problem-solver who is able to be flexible and agile in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software and registration platforms such as League Apps and TeamWorks.
- Able to complete individual tasks in a timely fashion in order to advance the team’s overall progress.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with various staff members, scouts and coaches.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Have a basic understanding of existing and emerging baseball technologies, including but not limited to Rapsodo, Trackman, Synergy, Diamond Kinetics, and others.
- Weekend availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC.
- All candidates should be in possession of, or working toward, a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a local candidate or would you be willing to relocate?
How have you used the COVID-19 Pandemic to better prepare yourself for this opportunity as well as future opportunities within the baseball industry?
How do you plan to maximize productivity and efficiency in a remote working environment?
What do you hope to learn and experience through this internship?