Intern, Accounting & Retail - USA Baseball (Durham · NC)
USA Baseball jobs
Sports Jobs in Durham · NC
USA Baseball has one Intern, Accounting & Retail position available.
May 16 – August 12, 2022
Full time hours.
Position Reports To: Chief Financial Officer and Director, Accounting & Finance.
Background: USA Baseball operates an annual budget of over $15 million in its mission to foster national and international baseball. As the National Governing Body of baseball, USA Baseball specifically selects and trains the various age-level national teams (spanning from Professional to 12U and Women’s) that represent the United States in international competition. Additionally, the organization is responsible for the health and proliferation of the sport in America.
- Work with the Director and Assistant Director, Accounting and Finance, to execute the organization’s accounting policies and procedures, resulting in the accurate tracking of finances in order to provide a high level of analysis of the organization’s finances.
- Assist in the design and implementation of various record keeping, filing, and internal accounting controls for the organization.
- Log accounting entries, thereby gaining valuable experience interacting with an accounting information system.
- Assist in the organization’s overall accounts payable and receivable operations.
- Assist in the various accounting procedures related to the organization’s merchandise and ticketing operations, including inventories.
- Travel to Arizona for USA Baseball’s National Team Championships between June and July, to oversee all deposits and financial reconciliations in connection with the organization’s ticketing and merchandise operations.
- Oversee similar deposits and financial reconciliations for various USA Baseball events at the National Training Complex in Cary, N.C.
- Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (operations, retail, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
- Weekend availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC.
- Candidates must be in current pursuit of or in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related business field.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.