Data Quality and Reporting Intern, Prospect Development Pipeline - USA Baseball (Cary · NC)
This position will be responsible for organizing aggregate data from PDP evaluations and unifying various digital resources and assets to create personalized Player Reports sent to all participating athletes. The position will report to the Director, Sport Performance and Senior Director, Technology and will be supported by additional staff who will assist in the growth and facilitation of the program.
Anticipated Start Date: April 2023
USA Baseball has two Data Quality and Reporting Intern, Prospect Development Pipeline positions available.
Anticipated End Date: September 2023
- Generate and distribute personalized Player Reports for each athlete who participates in the PDP during the 2023 season
- Query databases and applications to extract data from systems
- Create reports and dashboards to measure data error and accuracy
- Communicate with participating athletes and their families regarding scheduling, event logistics
and post-event reporting
- Aggregate, organize and analyze athlete performance data collected at PDP events to support
and enhance USA Baseball’s sport performance and analytics efforts
- Communicate with Major League Baseball staff regarding player registration, event logistics, and
athlete performance data
- Serve as a resource for MLB Club Scouts for athlete performance data collected through the PDP
- Serve as a resource for USA Baseball Program Directors, Scouts and National Team Coaches for
athlete performance data collected through the PDP
- Identify areas of future growth for the program, including use of emerging technologies,
strategies for improved data management & analysis and collaboration with other USA Baseball
- Experience within baseball, and a passion for the sport and its different elements
- Interest in sports science, data analytics, player development and long-term player safety
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to organize, interpret and process many
different data sets into a streamlined process
- Previous experience with coding languages such as R,SQL, or other relevant software
- High level literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive Suite
- Positive attitude and ability work well in a fast paced, team setting
- Good time management and communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Durham/Cary, North Carolina area for the duration of the internship
- A completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment
- Strong quantitative analysis & computing skills with a background in Computer Science, Statistics, or related background
- Ability to utilize existing and emerging technologies within the game to achieve team goals
- Previous experience with Rapsodo, Diamond Kinetics, Trackman, or other baseball operations
- Candidates should possess or be working towards a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Communications, Technology or other relevant degree
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
At USA Baseball we would encourage you to apply to as many internship positions that you find a genuine interest in. If you decide to apply to more than one USA Baseball position, please list them here.
Are you a local candidate?
If selected for this position and you are not a local candidate, would you be willing to relocate?