Coordinator, Social Media - USA Baseball (Durham · NC)
All USA Baseball employees currently operate under a remote work plan from the Triangle-area of North Carolina. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. When assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
- Create and guide content to USA Baseball’s official and auxiliary social media accounts–and the official Appalachian League accounts
- Create audience- and insight-driven campaigns to expand brand reach and engagement, as well as to promote the organization’s teams, programs, events and services
- Actively monitor and evaluate campaign and content performance on all platforms, leveraging insights and trends, and providing data-backed recommendations to the Media Relations team
- Lead exploration and expansion into new and emerging social media platforms and analytics
- Identify and engage with trending social media topics and movements to keep the organization at the forefront of the baseball landscape
- Develop and pitch creative new ways to cover relevant storylines and build USA Baseball’s brand awareness online
- Oversee seasonal interns to assist with the implementation of the USA Baseball social media strategy
- Serve as the on-site social media creator for USA Baseball events at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina, and other domestic locations as assigned
- Compile and review daily clips featuring USA Baseball and other relevant mentions and strategically share across social media channels
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure all needs are met
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization
- Relevant, practical experience in social media marketing, planning and content creation on behalf for an organization or event
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills, and must work well in a team setting
- Ability to create, test and evaluate content for social and understand what drives the engagement
- Exceptional time management skills in order to multi-task and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to execute multiple projects and campaigns while ensuring each one meets overarching brand goals and expectations
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter
- Strong understanding of baseball, including both the professional and amateur baseball landscapes
- Experience collecting analytics and utilizing insights in content creation and strategy
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
About USA Baseball
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please provide a link to an online portfolio that includes social media samples.
What is your experience level working with social media analytics and using them to drive content strategy and creation?
What do you believe is the role of social media within sports?
Why do you want to work for USA Baseball?