Baseball Operations Intern, Prospect Development Pipeline - USA Baseball (Cary · NC)
Anticipated Start Date: May 2023 (multiple start date opportunities)
USA Baseball has 14 Baseball Operations Intern, Prospect Development Pipeline positions available.
Anticipated End Date: August 2023
- Support all aspects of the day to day operations of the PDP, including pre-event planning, event management, and event-day operations
- Execute PDP event tasks including athletic assessments, on-field data capture and gameplay
- Travel to and facilitate regional events around the country, hosting top high school and collegiate amateur prospects
- Collect assessment data on PDP athletes using a variety of advanced tools and technologies including Microgate OptoJump Next, Microgate Witty SEMS, Rapsodo Hitting & Pitching 2.0, Diamond Kinetics Swing Tracker, TrackMan and RightEye Sports Vision EyeQ
- Provide informed insights to athletes, coaches, and scouts regarding assessment data collected through the PDP
- Assist in post-event data aggregation from the collected assessment data
- Identify areas of future growth for the program
- Experience within baseball, and a passion for the sport and its different elements
- Strong organizational, logistical and leadership skills
- Proficiency and literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive Suite, and Adobe Programs
- Interest in sports science and player development
- Excellent attitude and ability to work well in a team setting
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
- Willingness to travel to USA Baseball events and additional third-party events throughout the United States
- Good time management and communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Durham/Cary, North Carolina area for the duration of the internship
- A completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment
- Baseball experience as a player, coach or administrator
- Previous sports event management experience
- Previous experience with Rapsodo, Diamond Kinetics, Trackman, or other baseball operations software
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Candidates should possess or be working towards a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or other relevant degree
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
At USA Baseball we would encourage you to apply to as many internship positions that you find a genuine interest in. If you decide to apply to more than one USA Baseball position, please list them here.
Are you a local candidate?
If selected for this position and you are not a local candidate, would you be willing to relocate?