Baseball Operations Intern – Prospect Development Pipeline with USA Baseball in Cary · NC
USA Baseball jobs
Sports Jobs in Cary · NC
Baseball Operations Intern – Prospect Development Pipeline
*USA Baseball has ten Baseball Operations Intern – Prospect Development Pipeline positions available.
Start and End Dates Available:
- March 15, 2021 – August 13, 2021
- April 5, 2021 – August 13, 2021
- May 31, 2021 – August 13, 2021
*Full-time hours (40+ hours per week).
*This is a paid position.
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Position Reports To:
- Senior Director, Technology (Russell Hartford)
- Director, Sport Performance (Drew Pomeroy)
Position Background: This Baseball Operations Intern position will support the day-to-day operation of USA Baseball and Major League Baseball’s Prospect Development Pipeline (PDP). The PDP is a collaborative effort between USA Baseball and the Commissioner’s Office that establishes an official identification and player development pathway for amateur baseball players in the United States. Athletes participating in the PDP undergo unique baseball and athletic assessments using state of the art technology as a part of the most comprehensive evaluative experience in any sport.
This position will work with a team of other interns as well as Full-Time USA Baseball Staff to facilitate on-site operations for PDP events around the country during the spring and summer of 2021. PDP Interns will report to the Director, Sport Performance and Senior Director, Technology and will be supported by additional staff who will assist in the growth of the program.
- Support all aspects of the day to day operations of the PDP, including event management, and event-day operations
- Execute PDP event tasks including athletic assessments, on-field evaluations and gameplay
- Travel to and facilitate regional events around the country, hosting top high school and collegiate amateur prospects
- Collect assessment data on PDP athletes using a variety of advanced tools and technologies including Microgate OptoJump Next, Microgate Witty SEMS, Rapsodo Hitting & Pitching 2.0, Diamond Kinetics Swing Tracker, and RightEye Sports Vision EyeQ
- Assist in post-event data aggregation from the collected assessment data
- Identify areas of future growth for the program
- Experience within baseball, and a passion for the sport and its different elements
- Strong organizational, logistical and leadership skills
- Proficiency and literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive Suite, and Adobe Programs
- Interest in sports science and player development
- Excellent attitude and ability to work well in a team setting
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
- Willingness to travel to USA Baseball events, NMO events and governance meetings throughout the United States
- Good time management and communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Durham/Cary, North Carolina area for the duration of the internship
- Baseball experience as a player, coach or administrator
- Previous sports event management experience
- Previous experience with Rapsodo, Diamond Kinetics, Trackman, or other baseball operations software
- Candidates should possess or be working towards a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or other relevant degree
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What do you hope to learn and experience through this internship opportunity?
What date would you be available to start?