Baseball Operations Intern – 12U National Team
Start Date: March 8, 2021
End Date: August 30, 2021
*Part-time hours March 8 – March 21 (20+ hours per week); Full-time hours March 22 – August 30 (40+ hours per week); End date is flexible.
*This is a paid position.
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Position Reports To: Director, 12U National Team Program (Will Schworer)
12U Background: The USA Baseball 12U National Team utilizes different events to create the National Team roster: The Futures Invitational, 11U National Team Identification Series (NTIS) and the Futures Series.
- Serve as a key liaison to the Futures Invitational team contacts.
- Provide administrative support for the Futures Invitational including but not limited to gathering roster and insurance information, communicating with programs via phone, email, and fielding questions about the event.
- Assist in communication for all 12U identification events.
- Conduct online and on-site registration for the Futures Series and Future Invitational events.
- Assist in all administrative needs for 12U National Team Trials and Training.
- Perform a wide range of administrative and operational duties associated with other USA Baseball events and assist other departments within the organization as necessary.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Available to travel during May, June and July.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Professional communication skills.
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
- Weekend availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC from March – August.
- All candidates should be in possession of, or working toward, a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.