Baseball Analytics Intern with USA Baseball in Cary · NC
- Obtain a thorough understanding of functionality and troubleshooting processes related to the Trackman game tagging software and set up/take down of related equipment.
- Train others to use Trackman software & handle equipment during game days and events.
- Tag games and/or supervise TrackMan taggers during USA Baseball events as needed.
- Process USA Baseball’s automated reports in R Studio (or similar program(s)) for various on-site and off-site events alongside supervisor. Troubleshoot report issues as necessary.
- Various administrative duties related to TrackMan system & data processing, including roster creation, data cleaning, and data storage.
- Analyze TrackMan and other data for analytical player evaluation & development insights. Includes charts, tables, visualizations & statistical modeling.
- Manage the implementation of Diamond Kinetics SwingTracker and PitchTracker technologies across multiple National Teams and events and oversee the associated data collection and analysis.
- Assist with the analysis of BATS data and Synergy video from the Collegiate National Team
- Suggest and implement improved functionality & new ideas for reports and analytical insights.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses of gathered data as needed.
- Work closely with and in support of the Baseball Operations and Sport Technology departments.
- Computer Science, Statistics, or related background. Must have strong quantitative analysis & computing skills.
- Technical skills required: R, SQL, advanced Excel. Database creation experience or User Interface Development skills is a plus.
- Passion for studying baseball & knowledge of the game - particularly related to pitch types and game scoring.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work alongside office and on-field personnel.
- A background check is required prior to employment.
- Weekend availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC for the duration of the internship.
How did you hear about this job?
What do you hope to learn and experience through this internship opportunity?
How have you used the COVID-19 Pandemic to better prepare yourself for this opportunity as well as future opportunities within the baseball industry?
How do you plan to maximum productivity and efficiency in a remote working environment?