Product Designer, Baseball Systems - Tampa Bay Rays (St. Petersburg · FL · Open to Remote)
The Tampa Bay Rays are hiring a Product Designer to improve our existing products and build new features in products. The goal is to provide our end-users with an intuitive and consistent experience throughout the entire suite of applications. We are searching for someone who is self-motivated and acquires skills quickly. This role will have a direct impact in the software that is used for all aspects of our Baseball Operations department and on the experience of users in different capacities around the world.
- Create a design framework of reusable components to standardize the UI across the entire web app
- Develop new user-facing features, and improve the existing UI/UX
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Be responsible for all design choices from inception through launch
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders from beginning to end with regards to UI/UX design and usability to ensure that the stakeholders needs are met in coordination with the Baseball Systems Development Team
- Ability to implement your designs using HTML & CSS
- Understanding of when it’s best to use different technologies such as Flexbox and CSS Grid
- Working knowledge of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as Sass
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and how it will affect your design choices
I understand that if offered a role and by accepting a role with the Tampa Bay Rays or Rowdies, I will be participating in COVID-19 community risk mitigation practices including wearing masks in common areas and being vaccinated against the virus.
Where did you first learn about this posting?