Payroll Specialist - Tampa Bay Rays (St Petersburg · FL)
- Accurately process multiple payroll cycles through ADP Workforce Now
- Prepare, balance, process, run reports for all payrolls including filing. Verify new hire info, benefits, accuracy of information, manual check entry, voids, reversals.
- Timeclock knowledge – enrolling, creating credentials, manage punches, import timecards, assist managers with entry
- Employee set up and maintenance in ADP and ABI timeclock system
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws, garnishment, 401(k), multi state – federal, state, and local tax laws, payroll tax return – 941, 940, RT6, and importing files to CVS format.
- Work closely with Payroll Manager and HR Manager
- Assist with audits (financial, 401k, Pension, Vanguard), pension entry and upkeep of the Pension system and W2 previewing and preparing for distribution
- Special Projects, reports & other related duties & tasks as required
- Various ad hoc reports to increase efficiency & productivity
- A minimum of 2 years Payroll Experience
- High School Diploma required
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook knowledge (beginner to intermediate)
- Experience with payroll software, ADP Workforce Now knowledge helpful, but not necessary
- Works well independently and with others without being micromanaged
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Discretion with confidential information
- Be able to adapt to change easily (technologies/Company Policies)
- Exceptional Customer Service skills with internal employees on all levels within the company
- Able to troubleshoot issues, research in a timely manner
- Very detail oriented, multi-tasking abilities, ability to meet all deadlines
- Great written, listening and communication skills
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
I understand that if offered a role and by accepting a role with the Tampa Bay Rays or Rowdies, I will be participating in COVID-19 community risk mitigation practices including wearing masks in common areas and being vaccinated against the virus.