Latin American Medical Coordinator - Tampa Bay Rays (Port Charlotte · FL)
- Assist in the development, leadership, and mentoring of the Latin American academy-based Athletic Training staff
- Effectively collaborate with strength and conditioning and baseball performance science to help streamline organizational efforts to enhance health and performance
- Oversee administration and maintenance of the athletic training rooms in our Latin American academies
- Contribute to the prevention, evaluation, care, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Maintain high standards of daily record keeping via the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system per the guidelines of Major League Baseball
- Provide regular communication to the Director of International Operations, Director of Minor League Operations, and Minor League coaching and front office staff regarding injury-related updates
- Coordinate and execute the administration of team-mandated physical examinations of players and staff, as well as physicals for tryout athletes and potential signees
- Organize departmental education initiatives in conjunction with the Director of Baseball Performance Science and the Major League Head Athletic Trainer
- Coordinate medical physician appointments for injured players as needed, aiding in the maintenance and growth of our local physician network
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
- Eligible for Florida Athletic Trainer Licensure
- CPR and AED Certifications
- Familiarity with Major League Baseball’s Electronic Medical Record System (Athlete RMS), or working knowledge of various EMR systems and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with varied audiences
- Collaborative nature and experience cultivating trust
- Ability to communicate in Spanish required
Location: This location may have a flexible base but will be required to split time in-season between Port Charlotte, FL, and the Dominican Republic. Occasional off-season travel may be required.
- What is your level of proficiency in Spanish?
- How do you want to be perceived as a leader and what actions do you employ to maintain that perception?
- ¿Dónde te ves a ti mismo dentro de cinco años? Por favor, escribe tu respuesta en español.
What is your level of proficiency in Spanish?
How do you want to be perceived as a leader and what actions do you employ to maintain that perception
¿Dónde te ves a ti mismo dentro de cinco años? Por favor, escribe tu respuesta en español.