Intern, Marketing Promotions - Tampa Bay Rays (St Petersburg · FL)
- Work with the Promotions & events coordinator to create and manage the appearance calendar for mascots and street team.
- Assist with tracking all incoming appearance requests and respond accordingly.
- Work closely with other departments to aide in coordinating their outside events. These departments include Corporate Partnerships, Ticket Sales, Community Engagement, Broadcasting, and Communications.
- Maintain performance standards by working as a “lead” at events to assist and evaluate staff.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Rays Rookies Kids Club.
- Work closely with creative services on promotional elements for giveaways, and special events.
- Maintain inventory of promotional supplies and event equipment.
- Perform regular maintenance to promotional vehicles. (Gassed, washed, and serviced).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or enrolled in the last semester.
- Experience in event planning is not required, but recommended
- Excellent communication skills (via phone, e-mail, letters, etc.)
- Positive and friendly personality
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in all weather extremes for extended periods of time
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Some sports experience and knowledge of baseball strongly preferred
- Must be able to work all home games (April-October) including nights, weekends and holidays
The following are brief internship guidelines:
- The internship will run from January 10th, 2022 through September 30th, 2022.
- Must be available for normal office hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm), and game days and events as assigned
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
I understand that if offered a role and by accepting a role with the Tampa Bay Rays or Rowdies, I will be participating in COVID-19 community risk mitigation practices including wearing masks in common areas and being vaccinated against the virus.