*Groundskeeper - Tampa Bay Rays (St Petersburg · FL)
Tampa Bay Rays jobs
Sports Jobs in St Petersburg · FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
The Tampa Bay Rays are looking to hire a Grounds person here at Tropicana Field. They will be responsible for maintaining ball fields according to MLB and Tampa Bay Ray’s standards
- 2-4 years of experience preferred
- Tropicana Filed, Saint Petersburg, FL 33705
- English (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License
Duties may include some or all of the following activities:
- Applying ball field mechanics, e.g. ensuring accurate distances and measurements.
- Working with different types of clay and clay conditioners.
- Working with artificial and natural turf
- Working game days - pre-game preparation, raking infield during games, post-game clean up.
- Building and maintaining pitching mounds and home plates.
- Mowing and edging fields to ensure a safe playing field and appropriate appearance.
- Maintaining common areas surrounding facilities.
- Maintaining irrigation systems.
- Work with herbicides and pesticides.
- Safely using all equipment required for above.
- Additional duties and projects as required by Head Groundskeeper or foreman.
- Excellent Dental, Health and Vision Insurance
- 401k contributions
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Full Time position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health and safety of our communities — including our teams and of those considering a career with the Tampa Bay Rays — is our highest priority. We have implemented workplace procedures in accordance with all applicable CDC guidelines in order to promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with respect to our interviewing process.