*Electrician - Tampa Bay Rays (St Petersburg · FL)
Tampa Bay Rays jobs
Sports Jobs in St Petersburg · FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Electrician
The Tampa Bay Rays are looking to hire an experience electrician to work at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg. Florida. The person will be responsible for the day to day electrical needs and maintenance of the building.
- Oversee all electrical transfer from utility company to building
- Install power supply wiring and conduit such as: EMT, O-CAL, Rigid conduit, MC cable, strut, cable trays
- Troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuits
- Maintain, oversee and/or repair electrical systems such as: generators, switch gears, motor controls, electrical panels, CT cabinets, general electricity and lighting, and power supplies
- Oversee and supervise contractors on annual inspections of generators, elevators and escalators
- Testing electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Inspecting systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Work with TV personnel for power needs
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems
- Understand schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications
- 5-10 years of experience in commercial/industrial electrical(120/208, 277/480v, 3Ø)
- Experience with DMX lighting control systems a plus
- Experience working with hand tools, power tool and electronic test equipment
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety and current codes
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours/weekends/overtime
- Able to work in a collaborative/teamwork environment
- Knowledge of how to use aerial lifts/ not afraid of heights
- A Journeyman's license preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health and safety of our communities — including our teams and of those considering a career with the Tampa Bay Rays — is our highest priority. We have implemented workplace procedures in accordance with all applicable CDC guidelines in order to promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with respect to our interviewing process.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.