MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Coordinator, Community Engagement
Tampa Bay Rays
St. Petersburg, FL
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
Qualified applicant will assist the Community Engagement department in the coordination of the following:
· Coordination of Play Ball outreach (Rays Jersey Program and Baseball/Softball Clinics)
· Maintaining relationships with youth baseball/softball partners (Bradenton RBI, Burg Baseball, Good Sports, Rays RBI Tampa, Wildwood Rays and Willie Horton 360)
· Coordination of MLB Play Ball initiatives (Baseball Tomorrow Fund Equipment Drive, Pitch, Hit & Run Skills Competition, PLAY, Play Ball Weekend and UMPS Care)
· Coordination of MLB initiatives (Clemente Day, Father’s Day, Jackie Robinson Day and Mother’s Day)
· Responsible for in-kind donation process including receiving requests, prioritizing requests, managing inventory and ensuring in-kind items are sent out and tracked in a timely manner.
· Coordinating in-kind donations with related event sponsorships
· Booking and scheduling of all in-kind related on-field experiences
· Tracking/executing all ticket donations to regional community organizations through the Commissioners Community Initiative program
· Responsible for coordination of spring training autograph signing
· Cultivating relationships and coordinating mentorship opportunities for Rays staff (Big Brothers Big Sisters, Campbell Park Elementary, Academy Prep, Boys and Girls Clubs and Great American Teach-In)
· Coordination of Home Run Club program
· Responsible for the coordination of various community events as assigned
· Bachelors Degree required·
1 – 2 years full-time experience in Community Relations, Event Mgmt, PR or other related field required
Skill Sets/Competencies Required
· Experience in event planning and coordination
· Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with all levels of the organization · Exceptional organization skills, with an ability to effectively multitask
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Positive attitude with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Mastery of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.