Media Relations Intern - Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium (Jupiter · FL)
Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Jupiter · FL
Title: Media Relations Intern
Department: Media & Promotions
Reports Directly To: Media Relations & Promotions Coordinator
Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium is looking to add a Media Relations Intern who will assist the Media Relations & Promotions Coordinator overseeing all press box workers, equipment, and day-to-day operations during the Spring Training and the Florida State League seasons.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn how to operate PA system, Music computer, Video Board, Message Center, and Scoreboard.
- Train and supervise all press box staff.
- Assist with the planning and coordinating of on-field activities with the promotions department.
- Program video board and message center equipment daily (headshots, stats, logos, etc.).
- Create visual content for the video board/message center for Spring Training and Florida State League games.
- Work with team photographer to create a database of all baseball-related photographs including creating team baseball card sets.
- Write, issue all press releases, correspondence with media, and issue game notes for each game.
- Write feature articles for the program monthly.
- Facilitate interview requests and media credentialing.
- Establish a good relationship with local media.
- Update the stadium and team websites with game statistics recaps and promotional information on a daily basis.
- Manage the teams’ social media account (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Write feature articles for the stadium and team websites on a weekly basis.
- Maintain official roster.
- Oversee the setup of online broadcasters.
- Sales, assist in online marketing, additional duties as assigned by Management.
- Must be willing to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to cooperate and work well with other areas of the organization.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Photoshop.
- Experience with Automated Scorebook and Photoshop video editing software is a plus.
- Must be willing to complete the internship through mid-September
- Must be able to interact and work closely with customers and present themselves in a professional manner.
- Must be willing to work both in a team setting as well as an individual.
- Must pass a drug test and criminal background check.
Salary: Florida State Minimum Wage
Start Date: January 2020 End Date: August 2020
This job description is intended as a guide to general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.