Social Media Manager with Oakland Athletics in Oakland · CA
Oakland Athletics jobs
Sports Jobs in Oakland · CA
Marketing: Social Media
Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will serve as an online voice of the Oakland Athletics by managing the Athletics presence on all social platforms. This role will be responsible for connecting with A’s fans and the Oakland and greater East Bay community to sustain and grow the Club’s online engagement.
- Manage @athletics accounts on all social platforms
- Serve as an online voice of the Oakland Athletics
- Create, edit, publish and share engaging content daily with a focus on images, graphics, videos to grow fan engagement on all platforms
- Working with the Director of Communications and Content, design and implement social media strategy to align with organizational goals
- Lead social media engagement during A’s games
- Sustain and grow the online A’s community with engagement that supports the Club’s strategy and goals.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule and calendar in line with organization’s broader communications and marketing campaigns
- Oversee social media accounts’ design for consistency with brand guidelines and overall digital presence
- Ability to report on best performing posts and social metrics
- Suggest new ways to attract new fan engagement through campaigns and incentives
- Monitor and leverage hashtags and trending content relevant to the organization
- Communicate with followers, respond to questions in a timely manner and monitor fan conversations
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Proven work experience with social media content creation and community management
- Understanding and knowledge of Major League Baseball
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid understanding of leveraging hashtags and trending topics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Understanding of social media analytics
- Proficient in photo editing using Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, managing multiple tasks across multiple teams
- Must be a team player, contributing ideas in large group meetings and persuasive communication skills
- Ability to work games, including nights and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?