Senior Financial Analyst - Oakland Athletics (Oakland · CA)
Oakland Athletics jobs
Sports Jobs in Oakland · CA
Accounting and Finance: Financial/Data Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance
Job Classification: Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time customer service-oriented Senior Financial Analyst. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance.
- Prepare financial reports, presentations, and analysis, including charts, graphs and other visual aids for Senior Management, Board, Investors and MLB.
- Monitor analyses of business trends, variances to budget/forecast, and key performance indicators.
- Develop, interpret, and implement complex financial concepts and models for financial planning and control and to aid in the validation of existing forecasts.
- Analyze financial information to forecast business, industry, or economic conditions.
- Manage multiple short-term and long-term projects simultaneously, under changing and challenging constraints.
- Assist in maintaining reporting library.
- Work closely with the data warehouse team to ensure quality, accessibility, and consistency of data.
- Ad hoc reports and analyses as assigned by Senior Director and V.P. of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- 4 + years of relevant experience.
- Industry experience in professional sports preferred.
- Experience in Accounting Software, Oracle Cloud preferred.
- Experience with Concur Cognos Reporting Tool preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Business Intelligence Tools.
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, financial modeling, data management, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of general accounting policies and principles.
- Excellent organization and people skills and ability to set priorities, work independently, problem solve, and multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, with strong work ethic.
- Effective time management skills.
COVID 19 Consideration:
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What are your salary expectations for this position?
Are you able to provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre boarding process?