Minor League Sports Performance Coach- DSL - Oakland Athletics (Mesa · AZ)
Oakland Athletics jobs
Sports Jobs in Mesa · AZ
Player Operations: Any Sport - Coach
As the Minor League Sports Performance Coach, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Oakland Athletics Minor League Sport Performance programs in La Victoria, Dominican Republic (Dominican Summer League) for the 2021 off-season and 2022 season. You will have the responsibility to ensure that the physical performance of our players is maximized through safe and effective training methods, that prepare them for top performance on the field.
- Overseeing/Developing the daily administration and management of the strength and conditioning program for the Dominican Summer League team and improve the performance abilities of our players through safe and proper weight training and conditioning routines while instructing and supervising them in injury preventive methods during their workouts.
- Lead team daily prep and stretch routines.
- Supervise/instruct players in the weight room and during conditioning, and schedule lifts when appropriate.
- Assist and cooperate with the Athletic Trainer, with the completion of daily/weekly/monthly reports, and other duties as assigned.
- Communicate at a high level with all other staff members; while also reporting/learning from all coordinators involved.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Strength and conditioning certification (CSCS) and CPR certified required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (both oral and written) strongly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the capability to interact with players, coaches, staff.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, experience working in a team setting preferred.
- Must contain a valid passport
- Ability to adjust coaching style to match the learning style of individual players and motivate them to achieve their highest potential.
- Ability to successfully articulate the goals of the sports performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.