Junior Accountant - Oakland Athletics (Oakland · CA)
Oakland Athletics jobs
Sports Jobs in Oakland · CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Purchasing
The Oakland Athletics are looking for an entry level Junior Accountant to support our Accounts Payable and General Ledger team. This person will provide direct support to the Accounts Payable team and GL team to ensure all transactions are properly entered in a timely manner.
- Review and process AP invoices
- Maintain and update AP vendor listing
- Assist with monthly reconciling of bank accounts and general ledger activity
- Post monthly recurring journal entries
- Reconcile company Visa cards
- Complete monthly sales and use tax reports
- Assist in the preparation of reports and respond to inquiries and requests from senior management on financial performance
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by Senior Director and Controller of Finance
This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting Emphasis preferred
- 2+ years of Accounting experience
- Experience in accounting software - Oracle and Concur preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- High motivated, with strong work ethic
- Effective time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.