MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Human Resources: Human Resources Generalist
The Oakland A’s are currently seeking a HR Business Partner to support our Stadium Operations department. As a member of the Stadium Operations team, the HR Business Partner will have responsibility for performance management, recruiting, employee development, and training.
- Provide strong and effective HR expertise and support across the Stadium Operations department, partnering with managers to develop their skills and capabilities to implement people programs and initiatives.
- Provides day-to-day performance management and employee relations guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions), advises and assists managers in identifying issues and determining appropriate course of action.
- Interprets and applies company policies and practices as well as federal, state, and local employment laws
- Provides training to management staff on HR issues to enhance managerial effectiveness and minimize risk
- Works with managers to develop and execute recruitment plans, provide advice on the posting, interviewing and selection processes.
- Provides advice and support for employee on-boarding, including guidance on offer letters, I9 processes, background checks and orientation.
- Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of innovation, inclusion in company culture.
- Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Bachelors degree in business management, human resources or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in human resources with a strong focus in employee relations.
- Competence in various Human Resources functional areas: onboarding/off boarding, employee relations, recruiting, training, and compensation.
- Experience in sports, hospitality or retail is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of applicable California laws and regulations related to Human Resources
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner
- Demonstrates a high level of judgment and discretion
- Must possess a high sense of urgency, and initiative.
- Must act in a professional and courteous manner, and demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing and organizing workload to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to multi-task and work well in an environment subject to changing priorities and demands
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with a positive attitude
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?