MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Head of Technology
Head of Technology
Department: IT Department
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Classification: Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Full-Time Head of Technology. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The Oakland Athletics Head of Technology will oversee the technology strategy & operations for the team, including the implementation and management of key systems. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the technology infrastructure supports the objectives and vision of the Oakland Athletics. As part of this roles responsibilities you will devise and deliver technology with measurable results to streamline and automate business processes, increase employee productivity, and improve the quality of service for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and deploying transformational business technologies.
• Serve as part of the leadership team to propose technology implementation and upgrades (with applicable business case) that will accelerate the accomplishment of business objectives.
• Create a culture of collaboration within the technology organization that emphasizes teamwork and accountability and a focus on customers both internally and externally.
• Conduct a regular risk assessment to identify security gaps and implement process improvements that mitigate risks to ensure the protection and confidentiality of digital assets.
• Assess and anticipate technology projects/needs in partnership with leadership team and recommend appropriate action and resources to address.
• Own and effectively manage IT budget and vendor relationships and effectively negotiate cost-effective technology contracts/agreements.
• Ensure seamless integration of new platforms with existing systems.
• Manage the financial aspects of the Technology Department including purchasing, budgeting, and investments.
• Provide expertise and organizational leadership during system changes, upgrades, installations, conversions and data maintenance.
• Identify advancements in technology that will assist the company gain competitive advantage.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum 10+ years of progressive experience in technology leadership roles.
• BA/BS or Masters in computer science or other technology related field.
• Strong people management skills, proven success in creating and motivating a technology team.
• Proven track record of defining large scale programs and strategies from planning phase to overseeing flawless execution.
• Consulting and management skills to effectively engage with leaders and drive company-wide initiatives.
• Active learner with the ability to continually stay on top of the latest industry products and technologies.
• Effective collaborator that is able to establish and maintain partnerships at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to think strategically and plan effectively, but also have a detail oriented approach.
• Working knowledge of Agile techniques and methodology or ITIL/ITSM framework is a plus.
• Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into an efficient technology roadmap.
• Great executive level communications skills, sense of urgency to get things done, and hands on when needed.
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer