Engineering and Multimedia Manager - Oakland Athletics (Oakland · CA)
- Video and Audio System Drawings/Wiring Diagrams/Network Topology, Audio and Video cabling
- Must be able to clean, transport, and run and connect triax, coax, fiber and audio cable
- Camera Systems – Grass Valley LDX
- Set up Grass Valley LDX 80/86 cameras, including attaching Canon Box and ENG lenses.
- Power up camera system, perform camera settings and troubleshoot issues
- Audio/Video Routing System
- Operate routing XY and BPS routing panels, perform all necessary routes as requested by A’s Productions staff.
- Create, amend and repair salvos
- Video Production Switcher – Grass Valley Karrera, Routing Systems – N/Vision, Monitor Wall/Talley Systems
- Perform all systems testing and transition to necessary layouts as requested by A’s Productions Producers.
- Change layouts from Baseball to Football, change camera operator names and camera call numbers on Monitor Wall.
- Slo-Motion Replay Servers – Dyno/K2 Summit, Evertz Dreamcatcher, Graphics servers, Character Generator Systems – Chyron Mosaic
- Troubleshoot all systems performance issues with A’s Productions replay staff
- AVID Nexis/Media Composer Systems
- Provide technical support to A’s Productions at both edit facilities.
- Patch-bay/ Frame Synchronization
- Patching of necessary audio and video signals for one off events (ie; Supercross/Monster Jam), Connecting non-synchronous sources/devices and locking them to our video system (ie: laptops, external GoPro cameras).
- Manage two seasonal part-time Engineers.
- Performs crewing of game day staff and processes time. Provides and emails crew sheets for each homestand and all Raider games.
- Interfaces with HR on proper completion of employment documents.
- Manages game day staff on equipment set ups and breakdowns. Provides best practices for staff use of equipment and maintenance reports.
- Lighting – LED, Fluorescent and incandescent
- Perform lighting set-ups for A’s Productions shoots as needed.
- Install and remove lighting in A’s interview room.
- Video – Flat panel monitors
- Set-up monitors for all A’s corporate and client presentations as needed.
- Audio – Setups
- Knowledge of audio mixing consoles, speakers, wireless mic systems, set-up and teardown of Interview Room system, provide operational assistance to PR, Set-up and operate portable PA systems for A’s corporate meetings.
- Satellite – DirecTV/MATV System
- Tune up requested DIRECTV channels, troubleshoot MATV system issues, coordinate troubleshooting with AEG Soundtechs.
- Perform daily scoreboard module checks for visible and non-visible errors, ID mods that are out or problematic and contact Daktronics Technical Support, perform lighting module replacement in main and ribbon displays as needed.
- Inventory List, Maintain and cross check list against items to be shipped for repair. Ensure that all equipment is packed properly and includes appropriate documentation. Oversee the loading of A’s Productions equipment into the truck.
- A’s Productions - Pre-Spring Training Shoot. May have to drive rental vehicles to transport equipment/staff.
- NAB, INFOCOMM, MLB TECH SUMMIT, New Ballpark Research.
- BA Degree in Broadcast Communications or Engineering or at least 3 years’ experience with live Production Control Room or Broadcast Truck Video Systems.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs, must be able to climb on ladders, in the case of the Main Scoreboards a fixed ladder of 100ft.
Are you able to provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre boarding process?
Are you able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50lbs (boxes, tables, chairs, barricades, signage, etc.)?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours (various nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays)?
What are your salary expectations for this position?