Director of Human Resources Operations with Athletics in Oakland · CA
Sports Jobs in Oakland · CA
Human Resources: Human Resources/Benefits Administration
Job Title: Director of Human Resources Operations
Department: People Operations
Reports to: Vice President, General Counsel
The Director of Human Resources Operations will be responsible for defining, developing, and implementing a total rewards and HR systems strategy that aligns with our vision, culture, and organization goals. As part of, this candidate will lead the creation, implementation, and on-going analysis of our compensation, benefits, and people systems and processes to help achieve measurable results and ensure competitiveness in the marketplace. This position is responsible for HR operations process improvement initiatives and collaborating across departments to ensure compliance and best practices are in place. Additionally, this candidate help to shape the strategy and culture of the Oakland A’s front office.
This position will be based in Oakland, CA with minimal travel and report directly to the Vice President, General Counsel.
- Manage employee benefits administration and communication and promote programs across the organization.
- Manage the leaves of absence and accommodation process ensuring compliance with local, state, federal, CBA and company policies.
- Design, develop, and implement a global total rewards strategy which supports global talent attraction, retention, and engagement. Accountable for oversight and evolution of all employee health, compensation, wellness, and retirement programs.
- Act as a primary support for Workers Compensation management and coordination with the Sr. Medical Coordinator.
- Manage the design and development of total rewards strategy and programs to ensure internal equity, competitive salary levels, and regulatory compliance. Create company pay grades, and develop position title framework evaluation with salary data and ensure compliance as it relates to compensation and wage and hour regulations.
- Responsible for the HR aspects of Employee Data Management and the review and research of the future HRIS system selection and implementation. Act as a super user and support for all HR related systems including ADP, Greenhouse, Culture Amp and Teamwork Online.
- Lead all aspects of employee data management from pre-employment to attrition. This will include establishing processes to ensure employee data is entered and maintained in an effective and secure manner that meets all the business needs. It will require either personally, or through working closely with team members and payroll, to guarantee accuracy and legal compliance.
- Provide compensation recommendations, and lead, participate, or oversee the engagement of a consultant for compensation studies.
- Lead the development of an effective health, welfare, and wellness plan design that is competitive with the marketplace.
- Primary contact for 401K and Pension inquiries, continuing education and notice distribution. Partner with the payroll/finance department and plan administrators to ensure proper administration and participate in the annual audits and testing related to plans. Coordinate and maintain minutes for the 401K Quarterly Meetings.
- Stay abreast of latest best practice and employment law developments, providing proactive expertise and advice to educate and ensure that the A’s policies are relevant and up to date.
Human Resources Business Partner Responsibilities:
- Assist in directing and continually evaluating the organization's human resource function and performance for a dynamic organization.
- Oversee certain functions and departments with minimal management oversight.
- Work on special projects and keep current on local, state, federal and CBA compliance. Work with various departments to ensure processes are aligned with HR best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with an emphasis on Human Resources, Analytics, or Business.
- Candidate must have progressive HR operations experience in a HR Director or Senior Director level role.
- Current SHRM-SCP and/or SPHR certification is highly preferred.
- Executive level communications skills, sense of urgency to get things done, and hands on approach.
- Proven track record of defining large scale total rewards programs and strategies from planning phase to overseeing flawless execution.
- Active learner who can stay on top of the latest total rewards/people systems trends and practices.
- Strong business sense with an ability to apply skills into an effective total rewards/HRIS roadmap.
- Experience with implementing, iterating, and scaling total rewards programs based on the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to think strategically and plan effectively, but also have a detail-oriented approach.
- Consulting and project management skills to engage with leaders and drive company-wide initiatives.
- Progressive, demonstrated ability to design and administer a total rewards plan that meets the needs of the employees and the business, motivating employees and ensuring market competitiveness, including a knowledge of current market trends in total compensation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to articulate strategy to all levels of the A’s.
- Eager collaborator who is able to establish and maintain partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Must have the willingness and diplomacy to build relationships, understand issues, provide solutions, and build a compensation philosophy that others can understand and support.
- MS Office Suite with a strong understanding and full use of Excel, formulas and pivot tables.
- A strong working understanding of HIPAA and ERISA regulations.
- CCP, CBP, and CEBS preferred.
- Ability to prioritize items for implementation considering both potential impact on the organization and the current business environment.
- Experience partnering with Finance and Executives on pay decisions, budgeting, policy, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions for specific compensation-related programs.
- Proven experience of delivering high quality and effective HR services in a high profile and fast-paced commercial environment.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Strategic mind-set.
- Organizational and problem-solving prowess.
- Dynamic leader who is willing to take strategic risks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?