Baseball Operations Intern with Oakland Athletics in Oakland · CA
Oakland Athletics jobs
Sports Jobs in Oakland · CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking individuals passionate about baseball, statistics, and related research for a Baseball Operations Intern position in Oakland, California. Interns will work closely with both the Analytics and Scouting departments. Internships will take place in the months of May to August 2021 for a duration of 8-10 weeks with some flexibility on start date.
- Assist in MLB First-Year player draft preparation.
- Assist with various tasks throughout the MLB draft.
- Conduct quantitative research and statistical modeling.
- Data entry and cleaning from ETL feeds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university or equivalent military experience. Recent graduates also considered.
- Pursuing degrees or having substantial coursework in Statistics, Math or Computer Science preferred.
- Proficiency in R, or equivalent statistical programming language.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages a plus.
- Excellent verbal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?