MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Associate Counsel with Oakland Athletics in Oakland, CA
Oakland Athletics jobs
Sports Jobs in Oakland, CA
Legal: General Counsel/Contractual Law
The Oakland Athletics is one of the most successful franchises in Major League Baseball. Since our founding in 1901, the Athletics franchise has been relentlessly innovative. Often ahead of our time, we have never been afraid to embrace new ideas, traditions, and technology. Employees of the Oakland Athletics have the freedom and obligation to maximize their unique talents to drive success for the franchise and, more importantly, for Athletics’ fans. We work hard to attain our goals, and we also take time to celebrate our achievements. Guided by our pillars and inspired by the competitive spirit of our town, we are driven toward one singular purpose—Victory for Oakland!
As the Associate Counsel for the Oakland Athletics, the successful candidate will be part of a small in-house legal team that is tackling some of the most exciting issues in baseball. The successful candidate will work on large and small matters that require impeccable judgement, smarts, a can-do attitude, and the ability and desire to collaborate cross-functionally. As a core part of the team, the successful candidate will proactively counsel internal clients, negotiate agreements, support innovative organizational initiatives, and help identify and manage legal risks.
The Associate Counsel position is a full-time role. The successful candidate will report to the Assistant General Counsel, and must be comfortable working independently and working collaboratively with the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel.
- Assisting the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel with the day-to-day management of Club legal and compliance matters, including those relating to: Sales & Marketing, Broadcasting, Finance, Information Technology, International Operations, Special Projects, Stadium Operations, Baseball Operations, Merchandising, Public Relations, Litigation, Workers' Compensation, Intellectual Property and Employment Law
- Acting as the Club’s legal representative with its employees, players, coaches, ownership, partners, vendors, contractors, outside counsel, insurance companies, and agents
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Applying established legal principles and sound judgment to manage risk throughout the organization
- Drafting, organizing, and maintaining the Club’s corporate records
- Assisting the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel in policy drafting and revision
- Assisting the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel in maintaining correspondence with Major League Baseball Commissioner’s Office, related MLB entities, and MLB Clubs
- Assisting the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel in providing legal services to the San Jose Earthquakes
- J.D. from an accredited law school with excellent academic credentials and bar membership in good standing
- Three to six years of experience with a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Outstanding negotiating and writing skills, with a strong ability to draft and review legal documents, analyze complex issues, and provide practical, business-oriented solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and ability to maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Astute, detail-oriented self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
Must be able to independently identify and prioritize projects, manage work flow, and complete projects under time pressure
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.