MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Account Executive, Group Sales
Oakland , CA
Account Executive, Group Sales
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports to: Director of Group Sales
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking an Account Executive, Group Sales in our ticket sales department. This position will report directly to the Director of Group Sales sell and will have the opportunity to sell a comprehensive array of Oakland Athletics ticket-related products with a strong emphasis on group tickets and hospitality packages. We are looking for a candidate that aspires to be creative and one that will add his or her personality to our newly dedicated group sales team. Ideal candidates should have 2-3 years of successful sales experience. This position gives unprecedented access to high-level executives within the A’s and offers the potential for career growth to successful individuals within our organization. The position also participates in special projects to support department objectives and offers the opportunity to be part of an exciting & supportive environment.
Include, but are not limited to:
• Meeting or exceeding sales goals with integrity while surpassing client expectations in customer service.
• Responsible for, but not limited to, the sales of group and hospitality ticket packages via outbound phone calls, face-to-face appointments, game day marketing, off-site networking events, incoming inquiries, etc.
• Continually create and implement unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities.
• Performing game day duties including visiting clients, coordinating group sales experiences, staffing the sales table, and assisting with various department and company events.
• Engaging in civic activities, attending community events, and representing the A’s at off-site events to prospect for new business.
• Contribute positively to the sales team culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with team members.
• Meeting or exceeding key performance indicators as determined by Management.
• 2-3 years of successful sales experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior sports/sales experience preferred, but not required
• Have a strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports.
• Be self-directed and able to work independently and with integrity.
• Able to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, holidays, game days, and off-site events.
• Candidate must possess excellent personal and professional communication skills.
• Candidate must possess strong time management and organizational skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Dynamics CRM, and related software skills.