Director, Accounting - Oakland A's (Oakland · CA)
Oakland A's Jobs
Sports Jobs in Oakland · CA
Accounting and Finance: Controller/Director of Finance
Director of Accounting
Reports to: Controller
Job Classification: Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
Description: The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time customer service-oriented Director of Accounting. This position will report directly to the Controller. The Director of Accounting responsibilities include:
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis under GAAP, Tax and Major League Baseball.
- Ensure organizational tax compliance under applicable Federal, State and Local guidelines for multiple entities within the Club’s organizational structure.
- Manage accounting team activities to ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual close reporting deadlines are met.
- Review and approve journal entries, A/P invoices, bank reconciliations, and supporting close schedules.
- Assist with the Club’s budget and forecasting process to develop through collaboration with key leaders within the organization.
- Perform ongoing assessments over the effectiveness of internal control processes and procedures to mitigate organizational risk and ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Assess and lead efforts on maximizing transactional efficiencies and reporting with key accounting software applications.
- Develop goals, supervise, and facilitate performance appraisals with direct reports on the accounting team.
- Facilitate processes and procedures to ensure reporting compliance for the Oakland Athletics Community Fund.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- 4 + years of relevant experience in a managerial role.
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP)
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Industry experience in professional sports preferred.
- Experience in Accounting Software, Oracle Cloud and Concur preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Business Intelligence Tools.
- Ability to develop, manage and lead direct reports.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and people skills and ability to set priorities, work independently, problem solve, and multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
COVID 19 Consideration:
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What are your salary requirements for this position?
Are you able to provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre boarding process?