Director, Marketing with Oakland A's in Oakland · CA
Oakland A's jobs
Sports Jobs in Oakland · CA
Marketing: Internet Marketing
The Director, Marketing will lead the A’s marketing efforts, directing brand development, strategy, and advertising of marketing campaigns and promotional initiatives. Working cross functionally, this role will drive a consistent and comprehensive marketing plan to grow the A’s fan base. The role will oversee the Marketing, Advertising, and Creative Services.
Duties to include:
- Develop and lead the A’s marketing and brand strategy to align with the team’s organizational goals and objectives
- Build and execute traditional and digital advertising campaigns
- Working closely with the Director of Communications and Content, integrate brand marketing to positively impact content and creative with a focus on driving business and sales results
- Create new fan segment marketing plans to grow the business against those key audiences
- Create promotions and targeted, data-driven campaigns in conjunction with Ticketing to drive revenue for the organization
- Support Corporate Business Development in the creation of marketing programs, promotions and initiatives for the team’s corporate partners
- Guide the use of CRM and other results-tracking efforts to measure the success of marketing strategies and tactics to drive effective and efficient efforts
- Develop initiatives that align with organizational business priorities and develop Marketing team goals based on those priorities.
- Work closely with the other Marketing leaders to create consistent and aligned brand objectives
- Serve as the A’s Marketing contact to support league initiatives and communicate MLB priorities internally
- Serve as a leader within the larger Marketing team and organization as a whole
- Understand and continuously monitor marketing, digital, and media trends
- Fluent in both B2C and B2B marketing strategy development and deployment.
- An ability to learn a new, unique market and the drivers that make its fans and consumers tick.
- Demonstrated success in leading brand content development and distribution that reflects the organization’s product and services strategy.
- Understanding of digital and performance marketing (SEO, SEM, Display, email campaigns)
- Deep understanding of the modern media landscape and passion for emerging technology.
- Experience in leading teams, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively to problem-solve, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept at developing and executing traditional, experiential, and digital marketing strategies.
- Employs a naturally collaborative style, can work seamlessly across the organization to ensure a consistent voice and message across all communication channels.
- Leverages data and analytics to develop insights, formulate plans, and measure performance.
- Leadership presence with a worker’s mentality. A “strategic-doer” in a dynamic, innovative environment. Effortlessly bring people together, think quickly, solve problems, and track details.
- Personable, considerate, self-aware and attuned to positive, inclusive culture building.
- Experience in a service driven industry with strong, iconic, internationally recognized brand(s).
- Cutting edge experience with digital marketing, content development, and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Collaborative, and believes in team play as a coach, teammate, and utility player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?