Social Media Assistant (Part Time) - New York Yankees (Bronx · NY)
The Social Media Assistant is a part-time role which assists in creating engaging content for the New York Yankees’ social media presence. The ideal candidate will be creative and self-motivated, and possess experience in all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.), and Photoshop.
- Assist with editing and posting of photos and short-form videos.
- Contribute to daily social media postings, including copywriting, photo & video editing, and content tracking.
- Assist with community management on social platforms, including responding to direct messages and fan questions.
- Social media monitoring in TweetDeck for key topics.
- Assist with Player Development Twitter postings, including updates and content from Minor League affiliates & the Alternate Site.
- Assist with social media analytics and data tracking.
- In-game photo and video sorting to distribute to players for their personal social media usage.
- Work with internal teams to help activate their own promotions and needs on social media, including sponsorship, ticket sales, marketing & promotions, community relations, and non-baseball events.
- Monitor daily game notes and pull important or exciting stats to use for pre-game or in-game graphics for upcoming milestones.
- College graduate is preferred. Position is strictly paid, and is NOT available for school credit.
- Prior experience working in social media a plus.
- General baseball knowledge, including ability to keep score and understand statistical information. Yankees knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Google Docs.
- Proven ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding and comprehension of main social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work in an outdoor stadium environment and longer than average days.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Do you have a flexible working schedule (nights, weekends, holidays)?
What are your salary requirements? Please be specific.
Do you have prior experience with video editing on social media platforms, including TikTok? If yes, please provide examples.