DEPARTMENT: Stadium Operations
REPORTS TO: Director, Stadium Operations
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Built upon our storied legacy, the New York Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
The New York Yankees are seeking a staff of ball girls who will perform in-game duties on the field.
- Act as line of defense for fielding foul balls during home games
- Assist in retrieving foul balls and assist with the removal of any objects thrown onto the field
- Interact with fans sitting nearby between innings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school softball experience and knowledge required (intercollegiate softball experience and knowledge highly recommended)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as being comfortable in front of large groups of people
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and/or walk up and down stairs
- Working knowledge of the rules associated with the game of baseball
- Must be professional and represent the New York Yankees well at all times
- Must be able to commit to months of a full baseball season and to work flexible hours, including holidays, evenings and weekends
- Must be at least 18 years of age
The hourly rate for this position is $15/hour.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The New York Yankees require a Covid-19 vaccination and booster (when eligible) as a condition of employment for this role, subject to exception under applicable law.