MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Database Architect/Application Developer
Technical Services: IT Database Management/Services
The Database Architect / Application Developer will support in the design of strategies for enterprise database systems and set standards for operations, programming, and security in a SaaS product, assist in the design and construction large relational databases, integrating new systems with existing applications and product and refine system performance and functionality. This position will have Microsoft CRM support and development as a key initiative.
The Database Architect / Application Developer is a senior-level role providing technical leadership for applications using the Microsoft SQL Server platform. He/She will develop and enforce architectural governance, development standards and best practices for database design; develop and document database architectures; provide guidance and mentoring to application developers for new and existing applications; perform data analysis, assess data quality, perform data cleanup and develop benchmarks and reporting. This position requires a strong blend of leadership, communication and technical skills.
• Design databases and database applications to support current and future applications products, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
• Scope development and implementation work based on requirements, suggest possible database solutions, identify components and tasks, and provide estimates.
• Develop high-performing, scalable solutions including schema design, storage engines, indexing strategies, SQL tuning, ETL processes and Stored Procedures.
• Design interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access to the database.
• Develop data models for applications, metadata tables and supporting database structures (stored procedures, views, triggers, queries…)
• Test database changes.
• Develop and document database architectures, schemas, physical structure, functional capability, security, back-up and recovery specifications.
• Maintain developed source code in the repository for all databases and keep all build programs up to date.
• Design tables and integration patterns that meet the business requirements in collaboration with the Application Architect.
• Understanding client requirements and how they translate to new application features
• Collaborating with development team and other IT staff to set specifications for new applications
• Writing high-quality code to program complete applications on schedule
Qualifications & Requirements:
Database Operations and Support
• Possess 4 years working knowledge of Microsoft CRM platform with maintenance and development of applications within the CRM environment.
• Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
• Provide technical support / troubleshoot problems and faults and provide additional support for the team.
• Assist in the development of relevant architecture governance and development standards.
• Ensure project quality of work meets defined governance, standards and best practices.
• Develop and document governance and best practices for defining, implementing and deploying data through environments (from development to testing to production).
• Assess and maintain data integrity.
• Plan and install upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
• Set up database clusters, backup, or recovery processes.
• Develop load-balancing processes to eliminate down time for backup processes.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend hardware or software technologies to achieve desired database performance.
• Monitor and report systems resource consumption trends to assure production systems meet availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled appropriately.
Technical Product Management
• Create and enforce database development standards.
• Advise, recommend and manage the introduction of new database technology and practices.
• Build relationships with other development and operational teams, assisting with the integration of business processes and software engineering activity across the organization.
• Ensure operational issues are considered and planned for new product, releases or versions roll-out.
• Provide technical direction on projects and expertise in metadata publishing technologies and specialist knowledge in database architecture.
Education & Experience Desired:
Qualifications of the SQL Database Architect:
• At least 4 years of experience, with at least the last 2 years as lead DBA or developer with architecture and design responsibilities in a large and challenging database environment.
• Database Architecture concepts with knowledge about High Availability, Load Balancing and Distributed Computing required.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (all flavors), Transact-SQL and third-party transformation middleware such as Scribe required.
• Knowledge of database auditing functionality in Microsoft SQL Server.
• Data Modeling Experience using Data Modeling Tools required.
• Experience with Big Data ETL required.
• Tableau experience creating projects, workbooks and visualizations is highly desirable
• Prior experience in a real-time transaction processing (preferably e-commerce) industry is highly desirable.
• Proven experience as application developer, and in designing and building applications
• Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, Java (J2EE), R, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
• Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
• A team player with excellent communication skills
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
• Great attention to detail and time-management skills
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field highly desirable.
• Certified application developer is a plus
• Databases: Mongo, MySQL (or Maria), Postgres, SQL Server (Management Studio)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.