MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Mascot Assistant - Part-Time
Oakland , CA
Department: A’s Production
Reports to: Mascot & Ballpark Entertainment Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking passionate and driven team members for the Oakland A’s Game Day Entertainment team in the role of Mascot Assistant. As the Mascot Assistant, you will be supporting the Ballpark Entertainment and Mascot Coordinator in the day-to-day operations of the Stomper program during his performances at Oakland A’s home games, team events and all outside appearances. They must always display a high energy, enthusiastic, professional, and friendly attitude to A’s fans at games and outside appearances. Mascot Assistants must be available throughout the entire baseball season.
• Interact with fans throughout the game to promote the A’s brand, our corporate partners, and enhance fan experience at the Oakland Coliseum and in the community
• Represent the Stomper Brand in a positive, enthusiastic, and professional manner
• Game operation responsibilities include, but not limited to: motivate and energize A’s fans, execute in-game promotions, interact with A’s in-game host for promotions
• Responsible for the schedule and timely execution of all Stomper related visits and features during the game
• Understand and vocalize what the Stomper’s thoughts and feelings are and communicate them to fans throughout the game
• Maintain all game day and mascot equipment, keeping it organized, in good condition, and properly stored after each game and event
• Assist in all appearance activities (photography, autograph sessions, leading games/contests, being the voice of appearances to help direct the flow of the event)
• Perform as Stomper or Hall of Fame Racing mascots, if needed
• Act as support staff for the Special Events, Ticket Sales, and Corporate Sales departments.
• Other duties as assigned by the Oakland A’s
• Prior experience in promotions, marketing, sales and customer service preferred
• Must be comfortable performing and interacting with fans on camera in front of large crowds
• Must be reliable, punctual, courteous, and have good listening and multi-tasking skills
• Must have high energy, be enthusiastic, and excited to promote the A’s brand
• Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment
• Must have the physical ability to perform athletic activities, including running, dancing and performing in costume for extended periods of time in all weather conditions
• Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50lbs
• Available to work all A’s home games, as well as outside appearances as needed, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have reliable transportation and live in or close to the Oakland area
• Knowledge of baseball is preferred
• Applicants must be 18 years or older
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the overwhelming number of submissions, we are not able to respond to each applicant. We keep resumes on file for 6 months and will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview.