MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Hall of Fame Racing Mascot
Oakland , CA
Marketing: Game Operations/Presentation
Hall of Fame Racing Mascot
Department: A’s Production
Reports to: Mascot & Ballpark Entertainment Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking part-time, seasonal employees to perform as the Hall of Fame Racing Mascots during the 2018 season. The mascots will run in the Hall of Fame Mascot Race during the game, interact and take photos with fans, and be a part of the in-game entertainment. They must always display an enthusiastic, professional, and friendly attitude to A’s fans at games and outside appearances. Hall of Fame Racing Mascots must be available throughout the entire baseball season.
• Represent the organization in a positive, enthusiastic, and professional manner.
• Provide entertainment to fans during Hall of Fame Race and other game day features.
• Maintain all costumes and game day equipment, keeping it organized, in good condition, and properly stored after each game.
• Assist with Special Events Department promotions team, mascot, A’s Kids Club and other game day promotions as needed.
• Act as mascot escort when not in costume to assist performers and facilitate fan interaction.
• Make outside appearances as requested throughout the season.
• Other duties as assigned by the Oakland A’s.
• Prior experience in promotions, performing in costume and customer service preferred.
• Must be comfortable performing and interacting with fans in front of large crowds and on camera.
• Must be reliable, have good listening skills and ability to multi-task.
• Must have high energy, enthusiasm and excitement to promote the A’s brand.
• Strong ability to work well with all employees in a team environment.
• Must have the ability to run a minimum of 300 yards in a 50 pound costume. Running skills will be tested.
• Must have ability to perform and entertain while wearing a 50 pound costume for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50lbs.
• Available to work during all Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday A’s home games (days, nights, weekends and holidays) and outside appearances as needed.
• Must have reliable transportation and live in or close to the Oakland area.
• Applicants must be 18 years or older.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the overwhelming number of submissions, we are not able to respond to each applicant. We keep resumes on file for 6 months and will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview.